MSED Monthly Meeting
The Next Generation Economy
Insights from Detroit Entrepreneurs
Aloft Hotel, Detroit
(click here for directions)
Owner of Green Dot Stables, Johnny Noodle King and the Huron Room in Corktown/Mexicantown Detroit
Founder of Hatch Detroit
James Van Dyke
Partner in the Roxbury Group and
co-owner of the Aloft Hotel in the David Whitney Building
Nancy A. Benovich Gilby
Ehrenberg Director of Entrepreneurship, University of Michigan
The energy and innovation of the entrepreneurial spirit that is reshaping the Detroit regional economy has tapped into a growing demand for innovation, fresh thinking and new advancements. Areas as diverse as entertainment, cuisine, hospitality and retail speak to lifestyle factors that are defining the foundation for the “next generation” economy.
The “next generation” economy demands refocused marketing concepts, unique tactical strategies and fresh sales techniques. What are the lessons and insights for business and marketing leaders in the context of this rebirth? Come hear from some of the region’s most innovative and driven leaders as they discuss their unique vision and how it is helping to drive the resurgence of our economy.
- Learn what these entrepreneurs are doing with their organizations that you can use to define your vision for the new economy.
- Get insights for your own work by learning about the challenges they face and how they overcame them as they moved forward to turn that vision into a reality.
- Glean tips on defining your brand by hearing their marketing strategies and how they got the word out about their establishments.
- Find out how they are continuing to drive demand for their service/product.
- Hear about lessons they've learned and their outlook for the future.
5:00 - 6:30 pm: Registration, Networking & Hors d'ouevres
6:30 - 7:30 pm: Panel Discussion
7:30 - 8:00 pm: Dessert and Networking
THANK YOU TO OUR SPONSORS!
Complimentary Valet Parking Sponsor
Silver Event Sponsor
MSED Event Cancellation Policy: Cancellations will be accepted until 5pm on Friday, March 11th. Cancellations received by this date will be refunded less a 10% administrative fee, with a minimum charge of $5. Refunds cannot be issued for cancellations received after this date; however, substitutions for another person to attend in your place are gladly accepted.