MSE Detroit Presents:
with Rod Alberts,
Executive Director of NAIAS
(North American International Auto Show)
Thursday, March 21, 2019
4pm – 7pm
Save the Date!
@Fogo de Chao
301 W Big Beaver Rd, Troy, MI 48084
Sponsorship Opportunities Available!
Email: email@example.com for prices and details!
Event Sponsor: Name recognition at podium; Logo on website and all social media promotions.
More about the Speaker:
Detroit Auto Dealers Association;
North American International Auto Show
Rod Alberts came to the Motor City 24 years ago where he was soon named executive director of the Detroit Auto Dealers Association (DADA) and the North American International Auto Show (NAIAS). As head of the DADA, Alberts represents more than 200 domestic and import new car and truck dealers in Southeast Michigan. He is the voice of dealer business interests at the state and federal levels, and he creates and oversees communications, community relations, and educational and charitable activities for the dealer group. Alberts serves another, equally important, role as executive director of the North American International Auto Show, one of the top five motor shows in the world. He manages all aspects of the global show, including countless worldwide and North American vehicle introductions, more than 5,000 international media from over 60 countries and over three-quarters of a million visitors in overall attendance annually. The show’s Charity Preview event is renowned as one of the largest fundraising events of its kind in the world, raising over $47 million in the last 10 years alone. Additionally, the auto show brings an estimated $350 million to the local economies of Southeast Michigan each year. A native of Missouri and a graduate of the University of Missouri, Alberts held previous leadership positions with auto dealer associations in Arkansas and California. Today, Alberts serves on a number of automotive and community boards and committees, and has been recognized by many local organizations for his service to the auto industry and his commitment to the community.
Community Involvement and Honors
- Executive Committee Metro Detroit Visitors and Convention Bureau
- Board of Directors Motor Cities Automobile National Heritage Area
- Board of Directors The Parade Company
- Steering Committee the Harold E. LeMay Museum, Tacoma Washington
- Detroit Regional Chamber’s Mackinac Policy Conference Committee
- Chairman of the Board of Directors Automotive Hall of Fame in Dearborn 2004
- President Automotive Trade Association Executives (ATAE) 2002
- 1995 – Crain’s Detroit Business, “Metro Detroit’s Brightest and Best Under 40”
- 2008 – Inducted into the Macomb County Hall of Fame
- 2010 – Detroit Regional Chambers “Moving Forward” Award
- 2010 – Judson Center “Great Ambassador” Award
MSED Event Cancellation Policy: Cancellations will be accepted until 5pm on Friday, March 15th. Cancellations received by this date will be refunded less a 10% administrative fee, with a minimum charge of $5. Refunds cannot be issued for cancellations received after this date; however, substitutions for another person to attend in your place are gladly accepted.